Firefighters put out a blaze at a courtyard of the mausoleum of Lady Masoumeh, peace be upon her, in Qom, Iran.
According to sources, the fire broke out on Saturday evening at a corner of the courtyard where prayer mats were stored.
While faulty electrical connections had been thought to be the cause of the blaze, it was later said to have been started by a discarded cigarette butt.
The fire caused no serious damage, according to the public relations officer of the holy shrine.
Every day, thousands of pilgrims visit the mausoleum of Lady Masoumeh, peace be upon her, the daughter of the seventh Shia Imam.