Iraq

Gaza Genocide Claims and Deadly Syrian Raid Spotlight Escalating Middle East Violence

Gaza Genocide Claims and Deadly Syrian Raid Spotlight Escalating Middle East Violence
——————————–
New evidence and recent events have intensified international alarm over unfolding crises in Gaza and southern Syria.

According to The Guardian, on November 27, Amnesty International asserted that Gaza Strip remains the target of genocide by Israel Defense Forces (IDF), despite a ceasefire reached earlier this month. The rights group said Gaza’s civilian population continues to suffer from deliberate denial of humanitarian aid, destruction of infrastructure and life-threatening conditions — a pattern it says demonstrates intent to destroy.

At least 327 people, including 136 children, have been killed since the ceasefire, according to Amnesty. The group warned that limited aid deliveries and ongoing restrictions on medicine, fuel and food keep Gaza on the brink of collapse.

Meanwhile, on November 28, Israeli forces launched a heavy operation in the village of Beit Jinn, southern Syria, reportedly targeting members of the group Jamaa Islamiya. The raid triggered fierce clashes and led to at least 13 deaths, including civilians and children, according to residents and Syrian civil-defence sources. Six Israeli soldiers were wounded during the operation.

Syria’s government condemned the assault as a “horrific massacre” and a violation of sovereignty; many regional observers fear the incident could spark further escalation along the tenuous Syria–Israel frontier.

These developments come amid growing calls for global intervention. Amnesty has renewed its demand for the international community to enforce humanitarian access in Gaza, while UN-linked monitoring bodies have urged strong diplomatic pressure on Israel to halt both the Gaza offensive and cross-border raids that risk widening the regional conflict.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Back to top button