UN says Saudi airstrikes killed 58 civilians in 1 week

 

Airstrikes by a coalition under the leadership of the regime in Riyadh against civilian targets across Yemen have killed 58 more civilians, including a number of children, over the past week, the United Nations human rights office says.

The UN figure was released following a series of intensified Saudi airstrikes over the past two days, including an attack on a hotel in Sana’a Governorate that killed 33 people and a separate strike on a residential home in the capital, Sana’a, which left six more people dead.

According to an OHCHR statement, "a woman and two children were killed and two women and two children were injured when an airstrike by the Saudi-led coalition hit a house in Talan village" in Sana'a Governorate on Tuesday.

It added, "In all these cases, in which civilians were killed and injured, witnesses said that there had been no warnings that an attack was imminent."

Saudi warplanes pounded a neighborhood in Sana’a on Friday, killing 14 civilians, including women and children.

 

Social Network

Newsletter

Name (*)

Invalid Input
Email (*)

Invalid Input